25 Social Media Video Marketing Facts You Should Know
We’ve rounded up 25 social media marketing facts to help you use video in your marketing strategy effectively. Get inspired and start creating your own social media videos.
Looking to get inspired for your next video marketing project? These 25 social media marketing facts will help you figure out where video is today and where it’s headed on social media channels across the globe.
25 Facts and Stats on Using Video in Social Media Marketing
New and older generations are embracing social media video at an exponential rate. Today’s digital marketing campaigns are really targeted at all users because the numbers of all users on social media channels are up and rising.
User-generated content is now accessible for anyone to make and share on social media with a click of the “record” button. Digital marketers are embracing that and using user-generated content in their campaigns. With the rise of the “selfie” style video, the marketing playing field is open to influencers, entrepreneurs and more.
Marketers are finding both satisfaction and ROI from social media video campaigns. Many have already committed to creating and funding more videos for their social media campaigns in the future. In looking at numerous reports across the internet, we found 25 very interesting social media marketing facts about video we wanted to share with you. Read on to get inspired for your next digital marketing campaign.
Top 25 Facts About Video in Social Media Marketing
Are you looking to understand what platforms work best for social media video marketing? Want to know whether creating and sharing social media video is actually worth the effort? Well here are the facts to get you started.
1. 93% of businesses landed a new customer because of a video on social media. (Animoto, 2020) Tweet this!
2. Social media is the most popular distribution channel for B2B video. (Vidyard, 2021) Tweet this!
3. 91% of marketers are satisfied with the ROI of video marketing on social media. (Animoto, 2020) Tweet this!
4. Facebook users are 4x more likely to watch live streams than recorded videos. (Sprout Social, 2020) Tweet this!
5. Users watch 85% of Facebook videos without sound. (Sprout Social, 2020) Tweet this!
6. A LinkedIn video post is 20x more likely to be re-shared vs. a text-based post. (LinkedIn, 2020) Tweet this!
7. On Twitter, when a message is conveyed in the first 3 seconds of a video ad, there’s a 13% increase in overall breakthrough metrics. (Twitter, 2021) Tweet this!
8. 95% of video marketers said they felt they’d increased understanding of their product or service using video. (Wyzowl, 2020) Tweet this!
9. YouTube remains ubiquitous among video marketers–with 87% leveraging the platform. (Wyzowl, 2021) Tweet this!
10. 73% of marketers have landed a new customer from a post on Instagram Stories. (Animoto, 2020) Tweet this!
11. 85% of people would like to see more video from brands in 2021. (Wyzowl, 2021) Tweet this!
12. 68% of marketers say video has a better return on investment than Google Ads. (Biteable, 2021) Tweet this!
13. People are twice as likely to share video content with their friends than any other type of content. (Wyzowl, 2021) Tweet this!
14. 64% of businesses said in the last 12 months, a video on Facebook resulted in a new client. (Animoto, 2020) Tweet this!
15. Video Ads on Twitter help to increase positive brand opinions like +18% cultural association and +9% the perception that the ‘brand is good quality’. (Twitter, 2020) Tweet this!
Put Your Videos to Work Create, host, manage, and share your videos.
16. 83% of video marketers say video has helped them generate leads. (Wyzowl, 2020) Tweet this!
17. 84% of people say that they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video. (Wyzowl, 2020) Tweet this!
18. The number of marketers using TikTok as a video marketing tool doubled from 10% in 2019 to 20% in 2020 – although only 67% of these people reported that it’s effective. (Wyzowl, 2021) Tweet this!
19. People are 1.5x more likely to watch video daily on a smartphone than on a computer. (Facebook, 2020) Tweet this!
20. Closed captions and text overlays create 28% longer view times on Twitter and the average ROI is 1.8x higher for videos that don’t require sound to be understood. (Twitter, 2021) Tweet this!
21. Videos optimized for Twitter using best practices drive an increase of +33% in emotional engagement. (Twitter, 2020)Tweet this!
22. YouTube has the best ROI for video content, followed by Facebook and Instagram. (Biteable, 2021) Tweet this!
23. Twitter video ads that are 15 seconds can see 3x higher completion rates over 30-second ads. (Twitter, 2021) Tweet this!
24. Half of Gen Z and Millennials “Don’t know how they’d get through life without video”. (HubSpot, 2020) Tweet this!
25. Most marketers host their videos on free social platforms like YouTube (51%), followed by paid video hosting (17%), and self-hosting (23%). (Biteable, 2021) Tweet this!